Healthy Opportunities for Parenting Effectively (the HOPE program) was developed for parents who are no longer together but still experience a high level of conflict that detrimentally affects their co-parenting and their child(ren).
The primary goal of HOPE is to reduce the trauma child(ren) experience as a result of separation/divorce by teaching skills that can lead to more effective co-parenting.
Program outcomes include:
- Understanding a child’s right/need to love both parents.
- Focusing on a child’s needs instead of on parental conflict.
- Developing effective communication skills.
- Maximizing problem-solving skills to minimize co-parenting conflict.
- Managing emotions and creating healthy boundaries between co-parents.
- Rebuilding co-parent trust and respect.
HOPE is offered virtually via Zoom. A HOPE session includes 5 virtual classes consisting of small group discussions and out-of-class homework assignments including video presentations from judges, social workers, and other specialists, plus opportunities to practice new skills.
$250 / person
This fee can be paid in full prior to the first HOPE class, or you can pay as you go with $50 payments prior to each class.
Schedule & Registration
HOPE will be offered three times during 2023:
- Spring Session: March 6 & 20, April 3 & 17, May 1 (Registration closed)
- Summer Session: June 5 & 19, July 10 & 31, August 21 (Register closed)
- Fall Session: Sept. 18, Oct. 2 & 16, Nov. 6 & 20 (Register below)
Note: You must attend all 5 classes within a session to successfully complete the program.