History of Kaufman House

Kaufman House Shadow

Kaufman House was built in the early 1930s at the beginning of the 20-year presidency of Edmund G. Kaufman and was home to him, his wife Hazel and their two children, Gordon and Karolyn. After Hazel’s death in 1948, Kaufman renovated the house’s second floor for student housing. He deeded the house to Bethel in 1964 and it served as apartments for older students until summer 2002 when major renovations began in order to turn it into KIPCOR’s headquarters, according to the wishes of Kaufman’s third wife, Edna Ramseyer Kaufman, and her estate. KIPCOR moved into the house in summer 2003.

Education and Training Community Mediation Center Great Plains Consensus Council Congregational Health